THE HOSTEL LIFE AT SANGAM
The boarding life at Sangam is full of colours and warmth. Our Boarding Campus is a home away from home. The atmosphere at SSE provides a natural relaxation and serves for the rejuvenation of both the mind and soul, resulting in greater zeal and energy.
The life at SSE boarding inculcates life-long skills of living together with different cultural background and harbouring a feeling of acceptance and tolerance in students. It also inculcates characteristics which assist each child to develop holistically and lead contented lives in the later stages of life.
The campus has two separate blocks for boys and girls. The blocks are modern structures consisting of six dorms in Boys’ block and two dorms in Girls’ block. Each dorm has a capacity of accommodating 20 students.
Dorms are air-conditioned and Wi-Fi enabled. Each floor has a Recreation Hall which includes a Television Lounge, and a Computer Bay. Children share outdoor play area, where they can play Basketball, Tennis, Badminton, Football, Cricket etc.
Nearly all weekends feature social events, organized by the staff and students, the get-togethers include activities such as movies, games and dances – making all weekends much-relished. The school celebrates major festivals around the year.
The boarding at SSE serves as a second home and the academic programme is given wholehearted support. Towards this a structured prep time is scheduled in the evening, with full support from the academic staff that supervises the students and provides additional support to them.
The staff at SSE Boarding is trained and is highly experienced and are able to help students in academic areas as well as encouraging them in their physical and spiritual lives. The Boarding House staff has a parental role and offer advice, guidance and friendship to the students.
HOSTEL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Parents and guardians can meet their wards on second Saturday of every month between 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm with prior approval of the dorm In-charge.
- Parents can take their wards on last Friday of each month between 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm and report back on Sunday evening between 5:00 pm – 7:00pm.
- Boarders will be allowed to meet only those visitors who have been authorised by the parents and permission has been duly granted by the School authorities.
- Boarders will be allowed to speak to parents over the phone twice a week as per time allotted to them by their Housemaster/mistress.
- Minor ailments will be treated in the school infirmary by trained medical staff or the doctors available in the city. In case of a serious ailment needing hospitalisation, parents will be intimated.
- Parents are requested not to send/ bring any food parcels.
- There will be Tuck Shop twice a month.
- Keeping Mobile Phone is strictly prohibited at Sangam school. Strict disciplinary actions will be taken against student(s) found with a Mobile phone.
- Students to keep electronic gadgets (like Laptops & I Pods ) at their own risk.
- Students are NOT ALLOWED to keep money with themselves in Hostel.
- The incoming and outgoing post/parcels will be checked and monitored.
- The school reserves the right to expel/suspend the student on disciplinary grounds.
- School will not allow parents to take their wards on any occasion what so ever other than sanctioned/ mentioned in the School Planner.
- Parents need to ensure that students report back in time. School authorities are very particular about this rule.
- At the time of admission each student will be given an enrollment/ folio number.
- Parents are requested to properly label all clothes, goods, bags with permanent marker. This will help the child identify his/her belongings.
- Expensive articles, jewellry, watches, cash or costly garments must not be brought to the school by the students. The school will not be responsible for the losses.
- Bedsheet will be provided by the school.